Put the frozen fruit in my kettle overnight to thaw out. They were ready to use after about 18 hours. I mixed them up with a spoon to break them down a bit. I then poured the fruit into my primary bucket. I added the 5 pounds of sugar and enough water to reach 5 gallons, and then stirred everything well. I added pectic enzyme and yeast nutrient, and finally pitched the yeast and sealed the bucket with an airlock.
8-29-12: Put into primary bucket. OG measured at 1.080 giving an alcohol potential of 10.6% ABV.
9-30-12: Racked into 4 1-gallon carboys (there was roughly 1.5 gallons of pulp and yeast left behind in primary). I only got 3.5 gallons of liquid, and this had an SG of 0.994, meaning 11.4 %ABV. I added another half gallon of water to top the carboys off and make an even 4 gallons, which brought it down to 10.0 %ABV.
4-25-13: Bottled into 29 12-ounce bottles and 5 wine bottles. FG measured at 0.994, so the final strength is 10.0% ABV.